Biking & Running
- Average Speed 31.59km/h - In order to burn 500 calories a day I have started cycling a short route of 7km three times a day. My 7km cycle went very well today. I have found the best way to motivate myself is to make short term goals that are doable.
I am using [...]
- New Record For 5km Run - I did up a new record for 5km of 25:10. There was a good wind to my back but I will see next week how things go. I think I could be into the 24’s pretty shortly!
Today I ran straight out instead of turning around at the 2.5km point as [...]
- Ran 50km In December - Ran 50km In December
I would have liked to run more than 50.3km in December but that is better than nothing.
I have been trying to run 5km 4 times a week. If I do that this month that will give me 85km in the month of January.
That means I [...]
- On Running Shoe - On Running Shoe:
The On Running Shoe is designed to address the horizontal impact that causes the most damage to muscles, tendons, ligaments, and joints.
This newcomer Swiss running footwear brand was the overall winner of this 2009’s ispo BrandNew Awards presented by Thermo Cool. One of the persons in charge [...]
- I Am Still Running - I am trying to find time to run 5km every day. Last week I ran 4 times and this week I have run 3 times. I missed yesterday but I plan on running twice today to make up for that and I plan on running both Friday and Saturday.
- Unhappy With My Time - I guess I have kind of hit a place in my running where it is going to take hard work to do better. Today I ran 4.98km in 26:49 which is an average pace of 5:23.
26:49 1KM Splits:
1km 5:02 05:02
2km 5:35 10:37
3km 5:09 15:46
4km 5:43 21:29
5km 5:30 26:49
My best time so far for 5km has been 26:01 and I [...]
- 5km Run In 26:45 - I still didn’t break 26 minutes today but I will keep trying. I am still a bit under the weather with the sniffles and there is was that wind again today that slowed me down some.
I think as I continue to run these 5km I will build muscle and sooner [...]
- Saving Gas And Getting Exercise - One thing I am learning with all this wind and solar power stuff is the importance of using less power. I am turning all lights out that I am not using, turn my computer off when I am not using it, turned the heat down 3 degrees, and today I [...]
- 5km Run In 26:59 - Well I didn’t break 25 minutes today but I will keep trying. I am a bit under the weather with the sniffles and there is a wind that slowed me down some.
11-25-07 5km Run:
Activity | Duration | Pace | Distance | Speed | Burned
Run: 26:59 5:24 5.00km 11.11kmph 395c
- 4 Minute Kilometer - I would like to do 5km in 19:59 so I tried to see what my best time would be for 1km.
I did a 4:09 which isn’t to bad I guess. I waiting 4 minutes and then ran a 5:31 back.
- Vote RunKeeper Best Location Based Mobile App - To More Christ Like Blog Readership!
If you don’t mind would you all please Vote RunKeeper Best Location Based Mobile App. You can vote every day until Dec 13. This will help promote Jason’s company. I use this product and it is a great product.
Vote here: http://mashable.com/owa/votes/category/23?c=23
Here is the [...]
- Internet Running Trainer - I need an Internet Running Trainer.
Last Monday I ran 10km in 53:31 after a 1.5 month break and that was a bit to much. It took me 4 days before my legs got back to normal.
So this morning I ran only 5km. I came up with a [...]
- Back At It Again - After taking a month and a half off from running I am back at it.
In the 1 and a half months I have taken off it looks like I picked up 2lbs which is not to bad. My lowest weight has been a fluctuation from 155 to 160lbs depending [...]
- Power Bars And Energy Gels -
If you are working on a PR in a 5k, 10k, or half marathon then you will want to educate yourself concerning power bars and energy gels. Below are excerpts from two articles that you will find of interest.
You will be required to do a free subscription to [...]
- Using iMapMyRun For Aveage Pace - I am currently working on a higher personal record (PR) runing 3 – 7km laps on the Springwater Trail in Aylmer, Ontario for a half marthon distance.
Last month I ran 2:53:16, a couple of weeks ago I ran a 2:27:17, and I am currently working on pacing myself [...]
- Average Pace Tracking - This post will look at the importance of Average Pace Tracking.
My primary reason for starting to workout was to lose weight. I am now at the point where I have lost 40lbs and my reasons for working out have changed. Now I enjoy working out, especially running, and I enjoy [...]
- Fridays Workout - Today it was overcast and my iPhone GSP couldn’t get a signal so I used my iPhone timer. I ran one lap of 7.03km in the Springwater Forrest in 43:26 which was 6:12 or 0:12 per km off pace. A pace of 6:12 would give me a 2:10:49 half marthon. [...]
- Splits For A 135 Minute Half Marathon - Today I ran one 7km lap in Springwater Forrest based on splits to do a half marathon in 2:15:00 which is my next targeted time.
Here is how I did.
Activity | Duration | Distance | Speed | Energy Burned
Run: 46:37 6:98km 8.99kmph 549c
Here are my spilts:
1 km 6:21 06:21
2 km 6:53 [...]
- Mizuno Wave Nexus 3 - I just bought another pair of Mizuno Shoes from the Running Room at their London Ontario store for $119.
Here is description of the shoe from Mizuno.
“SmoothRide Engineered, Composite Double Fan Wave provides just the right amount of cushioning and support for the runner looking for a daily trainer and [...]
- Are Running Shoes A Waste Of Money? - Daily Mail published an extract from Christopher McDougall book Born to Run back in April that is interesting — The painful truth about trainers: Are running shoes a waste of money?
“Thrust enhancers, roll bars, microchips…the $20 billion running – shoe industry wants us to believe that the latest technologies will [...]
- Half Marathon Under 150 Minutes -
Monday was an exellent day for me to run a half marathon. There was a nice cool breeze with a light drizzle, I had carbed up the night before, I had just sleep 11 hours, and I had not run all weekend.
I couldn’t record the run in RunKeeper as it [...]
- Positive Splits Cost You Time - Today I tried to better my personal best of 28:30 for 5km.
My aim was to run 5km in 28:00 and I calculated my times splits using the Race Pace Calculator by Running For Fitness.
My calcultated Even Splits:
1 km 05:36 05:36
2 km 11:12 05:36
3 km 16:48 05:36
4 km [...]
- Marathon Pacing Tattoos - I thought this Marathon Pacing Tattoo was an interesting way to keep track of your time splits.
- Calculate You Time Splits - Here is a tool that will calculate your time splits so you can pace yourself. It works for a half marathon or a full marathon and will do the time splits for kilometers or miles.
I worked out the the kilometer splits for a 2:09:00 half marathon run yesterday but I [...]
- Half Marathon Pace - In running a half marathon you want to sent your pace correctly to ensure optinum performance, reserve enough energy to complete the run, and avoid injury.
I have been doing research on a number of issues related to running a half marathon and the following is what I found on pacing [...]