- Christian Humility And The Fashion Of The World - EVERY person, when he first applies himself to the exercise of this virtue of humility, must, as I said before, consider himself as a learner, that is to learn something that is contrary to former tempers and habits of mind, and which can only be got by daily and constant [...]
- The Subject Of Humility By William Law - I have, in the last chapter, laid before you the excellency of praise and thanksgiving, and recommended that as the subject of your first devotions in the morning.
And because an humble state of soul is the very state of religion, because humility is the life and soul of piety, [...]
- Espresso Book Machine - On Demand Books markets the Espresso Book Machine (EBM). This book machine is a fully integrated patented book making machine which can automatically print, bind and trim on demand at point of sale perfect bound library quality paperback books with 4-color cover indistinguishable from their factory made versions.
The EBM will [...]
- Quotes From John Wesley - The sea is an excellent figure of the fullness of God, and that of the blessed Spirit. For as the rivers all return into the sea; so the bodies, the souls, and the good works of the righteous, return into God, to live there in his eternal repose.
The bottom of [...]
- Sects and No-Sects - False Doctrines and Fanaticism Exposed- by E.E. Shelhamer
7. Sects And No-Sects
All the deplorable splits in this age of splits has resulted from the fallacy which permitted graceless leaders to lord it over God’s heritage. Dear reader, this may shock you, and you may say it is not true of [...]
- Cruden’s Complete Concordance - I just picked up a copy of Cruden’s Complete Concordance to the Old and New Testaments. The book is 783 pages, hardback, 5 – 1/2″ x 8 – 7/8″ x 7/8″ in size, and the ISBN number is 0718802055.
While this concordance is not as exhaustive as a Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance, [...]
- ‘Radical Righteousness’ by Wallace Thornton - I am currently reading ‘Radical Righteous — Personal Ethics and the Development of the Holiness Movement’ by Wallace Thornton. Yet another book from Russell’s library.
This book traces the development and influence of personal ethics and outward standards from the start of Wesley’s ‘holy clubs’ up to the mid to late [...]
- Inconsistencies of No-Sects - ‘The Ups and Downs of a Pioneer Preacher’ by E.E. Shelhamer
5. Inconsistencies of No-Sects
After Three Years Absence Returns Home — Experience With The “No-Sects” — Their Inconsistencies and Destructive Work.
Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out [...]
- Questions from ‘Perfect Love’ - I just posted the questions from E.T. Curnick’s A Catechism on Christian Perfection, and I thought it would be good while I am on the subject to post the questions from J.A. Wood’s book ‘Perfect Love’.
J.A. Wood’s book ‘Perfect Love’ had two main editions, the original edition when the book [...]
- Questions from ‘A Catechism on Christian Perfection’ - I finished reading E.T. Curnick’s 203-page book ‘A Catechism on Christian Perfection’ this morning. As I noted in my post A Catechism On Christian Perfection, I purchased 2 copies since the one I was reading was borrowed.
This book is very much like J.A. Wood’s book ‘Perfect Love’. Both books are [...]
- No Compromise-The Life Story of Keith Green - I read a chapter from Melody’s book ““No Compromise-The Life Story of Keith Green“, which gives her account of what happened at the Last Days Ministry community when Keith read a chapter from Finnny’s Lectures on Revival about breaking up your fallow ground.
This happening was referred to at the Last [...]
- The Revival at Last-Days Ministries - An Excerpt From No Compromise by Melanie Green
“When my time comes–that’s the way I wanna go,” Keith said as he snapped his fingers. “Earth to heaven in an instant!”
Keith’s words went right by me at the time. There would be a day, though, when they would come back. For the [...]
- How to Promote a Revival - Note of Introduction-by Bob Mutch:
I think there are many good things in Finney’s writings, which I myself have benefited from. However, sometimes he can be difficult to understand. I have had a number of people misunderstand this article, so I feel the need to offer some guidance in the use [...]
- Are You Using the NIV Translation? - I was at a home Bible study group last night and after the study was over we ended up discussing the lives of the people involved in translating the different Bible versions. While I had not heard it before, Dr. Virginia Mollenkott was a consultant to the NIV translation committee [...]