- John Keim - John W. Keim is a Amish alternative practitioner from Mills, Pennsylvania who developed a treatment for dressing burns wounds that keeps the bandaging from sticking to the wound when the dressing is changed.
The treatment dresses the wound with B&W ointment and then puts scalded burdock leaves over the wound [...]
- B&W Salve - This salve was formulated specifically for a covering after a loss of body skin. It helps the uncovered body parts from dehydrating and reduce unwanted bacteria from entering. It was designed to improve the skin in combination with scalded herbal leaves.
The damaged areas may be covered with the ointment first [...]
- The Difference Between Herbalism And Naturopathy - Some sincere people tend to associate Herbalism and Naturopathy together. There is a lot of Herbalism in Naturopathy but the spiritual element of Naturopathy is not part of Herbalism and not every one realizes this.
Some Naturaopathy practices involved spiritual concepts that have to do with Qi – spiritual energy flow, [...]
- Burdock Leaf - The burdock leaf is used some burn care workers as a moisture barrier in dressing burns. It also appears to help with pain management and to speed healing time. Burn care workers hold that it eases dressing changes and appears to impede bacterial growth on the wound site.
Here is a [...]
- Burdock Flower - The burdock plant is actually considered to be a weed. It is used by some burn care workers for pain management and to speed healing time. Burn care workers hold that it eases dressing changes and appears to impede bacterial growth on the wound site and that it also provides [...]
- Burdock Plant - This plant is actually a weed that most farmers despise and do all they can to get rid of, but it comes in handy for pain management and speeds healing time greatly. It eases dressing changes and seems to impede bacterial growth on the wound site and it also provides [...]
- Burdock Leaves - The following is written by a burn care worker concerning the use of burdock leaves in dressing of burns. The burn care worker is a Certified Master Herbalist and a practicing midwife with over 175 births. She uses the method recommended by John Keim, an Amish burn caretaker, to treat [...]
- Burn Treatment Books - If you are looking to read a burn treatment book that uses herb practices instead of the typical practices that the established medical community uses here are three interesting books from the plain people community.
This page has been updated.
Burn Aid by John Keim
Excellent little booklet, 33 pages, describing in great [...]
- Natural Burn Treatment - The following is an account by a burn care worker of her treatment of 2 year old child who had burns on the palms of both hands from a red-hot flat burner store. The burn caretaker is a Certified Master Herbalist and a practicing midwife with over 175 births. She [...]
- Balm Of Gilead Burn Caretakers Newsletter Vol 1 No 1 - Editoral by Mark Stoll:
Here we are in the month of February, and even though the sun shines warmly through the window, spring still seems a long way off. In the mornings, the mercury still drops below freezing.
We just returned from an extended trip to Mexico. So I guess we aren’t [...]
- Balm Of Gilead Burn Caretakers Newsletter Vol 1 No 2 - Editoral by Mark Stoll:
Today is once again a perfect summer day. The sun is shining warmly, the martins are singing so cheerily, the world is green and things are growning. Even after six thousand years we can see God made everything perfect and in its order.
As God promised in Genesis [...]
- Burn Treatment — Should Burdock Tea Be Drunk - Question: Should the tea from scalding the burdock leaves be drunk?
–Ammon & Lois Zimmerman, 1890 Roger Q Mill Rd., Pembroke, KY
Answer by John Keim: The burdock leaf is eatable, but pungent to the taste buds, where as the tea would be similar. It has many beneficial properties, although it can [...]
- Burn Treatment — Do Enemas Flush Good Bacteria - Question: If a patient takes a coffee enema, does that also flush out the good bacteria? I am wondering, should a person eat yogurt to get good bacterias back?
–John D. Hershberger, Canton, MN
Answer by John Keim: Depenting on how many and how close together they are taken. When they are [...]
- Burn Treatment — How Much Compression - Question: It is so important to understand what a person is doing. One thing that I don’t understand and I would like to know is when you how much compression to put on when you bandage a burn.
–John & Susie Schwartz 2697 W. 450 N., Greensburg, IN 47240
Answered by John [...]
- From The Scrub Tank To The Soothing Way - On Thursday evening, February 19, 2009, Shawn Sarka a taxi driver came to our house and asked if we would dress his burns. On the prior Monday evening he was putting wood in his out door furnace and the boiler exploded.
The pressure threw Shawn four feet and he had second [...]
- A Bucket Of Bath Water Results In Chaos - Paul was a three year old at the time this happened in October 2006. He seemed extra happy and full of energy that evening. After coming in from chores, he and his next oldest brother, six year old Yost, were playing hide and seek and having a good time. I [...]
- B&W Ointment - This is one of the best remedies for Burns and Wounds on the market.
The Amish have had tremendous success with this formula. John Keim is the man who came up with the formula, and they have treated many types and degrees of burns and wounds.
Using this ointment and [...]
- Burn Treatment the Natural Way - The following is an account by a burn care worker of their treatment of 17 month old child who had scald burns to 30% of his body with about 20% of the burns 3rd degree. The burn care worker is a Certified Master Herbalist and a practicing midwife with over [...]
- Mark Stoll’s Burn Treatment Newsletter Nov 2008 - Mark Stoll’s Burn Treatment Newsletter November 2008
November 1, 2008
Dear Caregiver friends,
“I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.” Ps 139:14
In the past eight years, my thoughts have turned to this verse again and again as I [...]