- The Backsliders Prayer - Oh what will I do,
With this mess that I am in.
My life is not going right,
My heart is full of sin.
I got off the narrow way,
And can’t find my way back.
I’m slipping deeper and deeper in sin,
I’m completely off the track.
Got mixed with this girl,
And I don’t know what do.
- 25 Ways To Become More Mission Minded - A number of us brothers got together on Sunday evening and discussed ways to become more mission minded. This list is not in order of importance.
1. Go without excess foods and send the saved money to missions.
2. Go without luxuries and send the saved money to missions.
3. Start giving part [...]
- Signs Signs Every Where Signs -
- Buy Gospel Signs - Here is a good site to buy gospel signs from.
Watchman Gospel Signs — where you can buy low-cost, high-quality gospel signs. Good for street preachers, missionaries, evangelists, or even to just regular Christians who happen to love souls.
Here are some samples of Vehicle Signs, Sandwich Boards Signs, and Reflective Signs.
- The Pastor And His Son - This story filled my eyes with tears and my heart with conviction. I hope it is a blessing to you also! Thank for email it to me Dennis!
The Pastor And His Son
“Every Sunday afternoon, after the morning service at the church, the Pastor and his eleven year old son would [...]
- How I Got Victory Over Committing Willful Sins - A number of years ago in my Christian experience I backslide and fell into willful and known sins. I struggled for around three years in a cycle of willful sinning then repentance only to fall back into willful sinning again.
I wept, I cried, I tried, I struggled — only [...]
- Religious Affections - I read the “Introduction” to Jonathan Edwards’ “A Treatise Concerning Religious Affections” this morning and liked his list of what are and what are not the distinguishing signs of true grace.
Here is Edwards’ list of those things that are not.
1. That religious affections are very great, or raised very high, [...]
- Cruden’s Complete Concordance - I just picked up a copy of Cruden’s Complete Concordance to the Old and New Testaments. The book is 783 pages, hardback, 5 – 1/2″ x 8 – 7/8″ x 7/8″ in size, and the ISBN number is 0718802055.
While this concordance is not as exhaustive as a Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance, [...]
- Become a Member of the Gideons - I was accepted as a member of the Gideons and got my welcome package, which includes a name tag. Membership is $100 a year or $1500 for a lifetime. You also have access to the New Testament in KJV or NASB at no cost. I got a box of [...]
- Street Meeting in London - Saturday afternoon most of the brethren from our Friday night Bible study group went to London to sing and pass out tracts. I have encouraged the group to have a street meeting every Saturday afternoon.
Street Meeting Singing:
Street Meeting Preaching:
After Street Meeting Pizza:
- CD Duplicator Printer System - I am pricing out a CD duplicator and printer. The plan is to make copies of the KJV Bible to pass out. I would pass these out with tracts when I go door-to-door distributing Gideon Bibles, and when I go to Christian concerts. I would also pass out other [...]
- I Already Know Him, Thanks! - I keep my eyes open for cars that have a fish sticker or scriptures on them, and when ever I see them I usually place one of my “How to Become More Christ-like” booklets on their windshield. I did this yesterday at Canadian Tire, and when I got back [...]
- 01-26-09 Food Menu - Breakfast 402 Calories:
4 egg whites scrambled 65c
1/2 tomato, 3 cloves garlic, 2 tbsp onion, 2 tbsp green pepper 35c
1 piece of ancient grains toast 120c
125 grams of fat free cottage cheese 90c
2 kiwi 92c
Lunch 310 Calories:
1 cup of skin milk 90c
1/2 cup of mixed long grain rice 54c
1 cup of [...]
- A Plain Account Of Christian Perfection - Today I finish reading Wesley’s book “A Plain Account of Christian Perfection“. I have read it through a number of times before and I never fail to receive much good to my soul from reading it.
I received so much good from reading the book this time [...]
- Break Up Your Fallow Ground Booklet - I put together Finney’s article called “How to Promote a Revival” and two shorter reports that were published in a newspaper on the two lectures that were given in February of 1874. These articles are instructions to professing Christians on how to break up the fallow ground of their hearts.
- How To Counsel Suicidal Persons - This article looks at what brings suicidal thoughts, shows that the Bible prohibits suicide, and shares how one can deal with a person who is suicidal.
In 2005, 32,637 suicides occurred in the United States. I wept when I read that statistic. Also, the picture to the right very much touched [...]
- October’s Holiness Journal - The October Holiness Journal has 20 articles and is 40 pages long. I am planning on having the November issue of the Holiness Journal ready on December 1.
- How to Get a Greater Concern for Souls? - Having a burning hot concern for souls is very important, and a great help for your spiritual life. Part of our armor is having our feet shod with the preparation of the gospel (Eph 6:15). I received an email today from a reader, asking how to get a greater concern [...]
- Thank God For A Sound Mind! - I get into some pretty interesting conversations while doing tract work in London in the Dundas St. and Richmond St. area.
The Dundas St. area from Adelaide St. to Richmond St. is ‘home’ or ‘hang-out’ of around 500 mentally-ill people. The story of these people’s lives is one of exploitation and [...]
- Missional Living - I thought ‘missional living’ was an interesting term. I have been looking into the House Church movement, the Simple Church movement, and other related subjects, and found this term. There is a page in Wikipedia on Missional Living and below is the opening quote.
- Laborers Must First Have Partaken of the Fruit of Holiness - In the first letter to the Corinthian church, Paul had corrected the church over a number of things. Of the things he corrected them for, the worse was that they had allowed an immoral person to be part of the congregation (1Cor 5:1, 2), and had not put judgment on [...]
- September’s Holiness Journal - Well, I was running a bit behind there for a while, but now I am almost caught up. The finishing touches were put on September’s Holiness Journal and October will be finished before the end of the week. The August Holiness Journal is being redone in the new [...]
- Projects On The Go - I have lots of ideas on how to make this site better, and below is a list of a few of them that are currently being worked on. If you have ideas that would make this site a better site, please send them in via the contact page.
As I noted [...]
- John Wesley’s Sermons In Printable Booklet Form - Here are John Wesley’s “141 Sermons” in a printable booklet form. You can click on any of these and then print them as soon as the PDF loads.
Here is a step by step how-to guide on printing PDFed booklets.
There have been a few changes made to these from the original [...]
- New Edition: How To Become More Christ Like - I made a few changes in the “How To Be More Christ Like” booklet. I took out the section on OTVCs, seeing how it wasn’t really applicable to the people I am handing the booklet out to. My wife told me I should focus more on helping others and not [...]