- False Prophets - One of the evil fruits of a False Teacher is that they teach that Christians can have willful or known sin in their life and still go to heaven.
Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by [...]
- Money Begging Ministry - All Money Begging Ministries Are False!
Jesus and his early followers never begged for money. Here is an example of a slick Money Begging Ministry.
Chuck Ohman for Jack Van Impe Ministries
- Jesus Is Better Than Santa - “Santa lives at the North Pole.
JESUS is everywhere.
Santa rides in a sleigh
JESUS rides on the wind and walks on the water.
Santa comes but once a year
JESUS is an ever present help.
Santa fills your stockings with goodies
JESUS supplies all your needs.
Santa comes down your chimney uninvited
JESUS stands at your door and [...]
- Failed End Of The World Predictions - –2nd Century CE: Prophets and Prophetesses of the Montanist movement predicted that Jesus would return sometime during their lifetime and establish the New Jerusalem in the city of Pepuza in Asia Minor.
–365 CE: A man by the name of Hilary of Poitiers, announced that the end would happen that year. [...]
- A Blow at the Root - “Without holiness no man shall see the Lord,” shall see the face of God in glory. Nothing under heaven can be more sure than this; “for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.”
No, it cannot be; none that shall live with God, but he that now lives to God; [...]
- The First Eternal Security Teacher in the Bible - Eternal Security is the teaching that once you are truly saved, you can’t lose your salvation. This teaching is also referred to as the “Perseverance of the Saints” — the ‘P’ in Calvin’s TULIP — or “Once Saved-Always Saved”.
Some that teach this doctrine would hold if you gave your heart [...]
- Unbiblical Teachings - Here is a list of unbiblical teachings that are accepted in some church groups:
Sin-you-must — teaches that you will continue to sin after being saved, and that a believer sins in word, thought, and deed daily. This teaching makes people easy prey to temptations and leaves them thinking that sin [...]
- Committing Sin Brings Spiritual Death - But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die. — Gen 2:17
It is very important for Christians to understand what spiritual death is and what causes it, so that they [...]
- Luther Speaks - “Be a sinner, and let your sins be strong, but let your trust in Christ be stronger, and rejoice in Christ who is the victor over sin, death, and the world. We will commit sins while we are here, for this life is not a place where justice resides… No [...]
- John Calvin & Martin Luther - I praise God this morning to be free from the teachings of John Calvin and Martin Luther! At one time in my life I held them as great men of God as I was a 5-point Calvinist and held strongly to Unconditional Election, Eternal Security, and Sin-You-Must.
As far as I [...]
- Considering Eternal Security & the IF Scriptures - I am planning on doing a series of articles on the teaching of Eternal Security over the next several months. Personally, I was a strong believer on the teaching of Eternal Security when I first became a believer back in 1982.
After I embraced the teaching of Holiness and that Christ [...]
- A Good Definition of Legalism - Often when I try to show professing Christians they must keep the moral law of Christ or their faith is dead (Jam 2:17) I get accused of legalism or of being a Pharisee. Most people misunderstand what legalism really is. I would consider a good example of legalism today [...]
- Pauls Experience in Romans Chapter 7 - Most Protestant sects teach that Paul’s experience in Romans chapter 7 is the experience we are to expect as a Christian. One of sinning and repenting, bemoaning our wretched experience, doing the evil we don’t want to do, and being captive to the law of sin.
I hold [...]