Food Dieting & Exercise
- London Ontario Ping Pong Table Tennis Club - The London Ontario Ping Pong Table Tennis Club meets at the Académie de la Tamise school on the North West corner of Dundas St and Highbury Ave on Monday and Friday at 7pm to 10pm. The address is 1260 Dundas St East.
Entrance is off Dundas St 200m west of [...]
- Summer Means Exercising Outside - I am not sure why I am didn’t find motivation to work out this last winter but I know when the summer rolls around I enjoy biking and running.
My goal this summer is to loose in the next two months what I have gained back during the winter and [...]
- Internet Connected Bathroom Scale - Withings Internet Connected Bathroom Scale!
It is a bit expensive ($159US) but this wireless scale is very nice.
From a web browser or a iPhone app you can log into the wireless scale and view of all of your weight data collected by the scale. It will also tweet your weight.
- Very Low Calorie Diet - Very Low Calorie Diet or VLCDs are extreme diets which are around 800 or less calories a day.
Gordon Heitman 46 years old weighed 464 pounds when he started his 800 calorie a day diet and with in one year he had lost 233 pounds.
This kind of a diet is only [...]
- Daily Exercising To Lose Weight - Today I did 93 reps (1 set of 15, 18, 15, 15, 30) in my 200 situp program and 50 reps (1 set of 10, 8, 12, 8, 12) in my 100 pushup program.
The situps are no problem but the pushups made my tricep and pectoralis muscles very sore. [...]
- Core Strength Training - I have been wanting to do some core strength training for sometime but have been putting it off until today when I found the following three iPhone apps.
Today I started the hundred push ups training program, the two hundred sit-ups program, and I am looking at the two hundred squats [...]
- Which To Use: Pre-workout Or Post-workout Weight - Even though I drank two full water bottles (2 x 1lb) during today’s workout, after cycling 25km and running 16km I lost 4.2lbs. I know that seems a bit much and my scales are not out and that is pretty much par for course when I cycle 25km and run [...]
- Okay I Admit I Failed - I tried to keep up my diet when I was in PEI but things started to unravel even before I left. I have found it is quite difficult for me to stick to a diet unless I semi isolate myself.
When I visit friends and family and they offer me [...]
- Garmin Edge 500 Cycling GPS - Today Garmin announced their new Edge 500 Cycling GPS. Designed for performance cyclists, the GPS-enabled Edge 500 tracks speed, distance, time, GPS position, elevation, calories burned, climb and descent.
The Edge 500 also pairs wirelessly with Garmin speed/cadence sensors and features advanced heart rate-based calorie computation when used with a Garmin [...]
- August 21st Workout - Here is my 1621 calorie workout for today. 50km cycle and 15km run. I recorded this workout with my iPhone using RunKeeper.
Activity | Duration | Distance | Speed | Energy
Cycle: 26:20 12.61km 28.72kmph 216c
Run: 36:38 4.75km 7.78kmph 345c
Run: 39:27 4.95km 7.53kmph 384c
Cycle: 24:25 12.52km 30.75kmph 224c
Cycle: 27:53 12.52km 28.16kmph 243c
- August 19th Meals & Calorie Tax - I hit a new low today of 154.6LB. After my 25km cycle and 10km run this morning my weight was 155.0LB. This evening I was feeling quite fresh so I did another 25km cycle and 5km run. This took me down to 154.6LB.
Today’s Calorie Deficient (CD) was 2054C, [...]
- GPS Fitness Tracking With iPhone - Here are the routes I run and cycle. I used RunKeeper an iPhone app to capture the data. The interesting thing is this service is free! Here is a RunKeeper Tutorial and their RunKeeper FAQ.
I cycle from my home to Springwater Park — 12.5km. From the East entry [...]
- Why Exercise ALONE Won’t Make You Thin - CNN published an article in their Health & Science this month called Why Exercise Won’t Make You Thin – it’s a catchy title. It title should be “Why Exercise ALONE Won’t Make You Thin”.
The bottom line reasoning to this article is as follows. When people exercise it makes them more [...]
- August 18th Meals & Calorie Tax - I hit a new low today of 155.6LB. This is my 9th of 25 days and I am almost half way which is 154.8LB. I estimate that I will be 154.8LB in another 2 days which will be just about right now schedule for 149.8LB in 25 days. [...]
- August 17th Meals & Calorie Tax - Today’s Calorie Deficient (CD) was 1858C, my Weight Loss (WL) was 0.53LB, and my Calorie Deficiency (CD) weight calculates out to 157.0LB. Post-workout weight was 157.2LB.
This is day 8 of 25 in my quest to lose 10lbs in 25 days.
Carrot Juice 350c
Morning Workout 980c:
- August 16th Meals & Calorie Tax - Today’s Calorie Deficient (CD) was 1024C, my Weight Loss (WL) was 0.29LB, and my Calorie Deficiency (CD) weight calculates out to 157.53LB. Post-workout weight was 157.4LB.
This is day 7 of 25 in my quest to lose 10lbs in 25 days.
Yogurt Fruit Bowl 280c
Carrot Juice [...]
- August 15th Meals & Calorie Tax - Today’s Calorie Deficient (CD) was 763C, my Weight Loss (WL) was 0.22LB, and my Calorie Deficiency (CD) weight calculates out to 157.82LB. Post-workout weight was 156.8LB.
This is day 6 of 25 in my quest to lose 10lbs in 25 days.
Striploin Steak 400c
Two Protein Shakes 460c
- I Raided The Fridge Last Night - Okay I owe quite a bit of calorie tax now. I am behind in my payments from Wednesday by 250 calories, and from Thursday by 1540 calories.
On the way home from the chess club in London I stopped and picked up some Romaine lettuce at Price Choppers. Well I [...]
- August 14th Meals & Calorie Tax - Today’s Calorie Deficient (CD) was 1902C, my Weight Loss (WL) was 0.54LB, and my Calorie Deficiency (CD) weight calculates out to 158.04LB.
My post-workout weight for the morning was 157.2LB.
This is day 5 of 25 in my quest to lose 10lbs in 25 days.
Blueberries And Banana Post-Workout Shake 285c:
Whey Protein 22g [...]
- August 13th Meals & Calorie Tax - Today’s Calorie Deficient (CD) was 1902C, my Weight Loss (WL) was 0.54LB, and my Calorie Deficiency (CD) weight calculates out to 158.04LB.
My post-workout weight for the morning was 156.4LB. I should hit 155LB tomorrow.
This is day 4 of 25 in my quest to lose 10lbs in 25 days.
Post-Workout Shake 290c:
- August 12th Meals & Calorie Tax - Today’s Calorie Deficient (CD) was 1902C, my Weight Loss (WL) was 0.54LB, and my Calorie Deficiency (CD) weight calculates out to 158.56LB.
My post-workout weight for the morning was 156.4LB, and after my evening Elliptical workout my weight was 156.2LB. I should hit 155LB tomorrow.
My Body Fat Percent (BFP) [...]
- Lose 10lbs In 25 Days - I plan on blogging my meals for 25 days on my way to a 10lb loss with my end target weight being 149.8lb. This series of posts will show you how easy it is to lose 10lbs in 25 days. The concept is easy but it will take hard work [...]
- Healthy Fruit & Nut Shake - I usually have a Healthy Fruit & Nut Shake after my workout. You have no idea how tasty this shake is until you try it. You get the sweet fruit taste with the crunchy taste of all the different nuts. Try it some time — you’ll love it.
Here is all [...]
- August 11th Meals & Calorie Tax - Today’s Calorie Deficient (CD) was 1531C, my Weight Loss (WL) was 0.43LB, and my CD weight calculates out to 159.10LB. My post-workout weight was 157.2LB.
This is day 2 of 25 in my quest to lose 10lbs in 25 days.
Today I passed up on breakfast and lunch so I could get [...]
- How To Calculate Daily Calorie Deficiency - Here is how to calculate your daily calorie deficiency.
Calculate your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR), multiply your BMR by 1.2 to 1.9 depending on your Activity Level (AL), add your Calories Burned (CB) for the day, and then subtract your Daily Calorie Intake (DCI) for the day to get your [...]