Personal Home & Stuff
- I Am Going To Visit PEI - My flight to Charlottetown, PEI airport is booked. I arrive on Monday, August 24th at 16:29 AST. I will be staying at my parents, Ernest and Marian Mutch, for 8 days.
I have a 2hr 45min stop over in Halifax from 13:11AST to 15:55AST (Aug 24th) so if there is [...]
- Ontario Offers $10,000 Electric Car Rebate - Ontario’s aim is 1 in 20 by the year 2020. That’s 5% of vehicles electric or hybrid with in 10 years.
“Electric vehicles are the way to go in Ontario. This plan helps get more people behind the wheel of a green vehicle to create jobs, reduce smog and equip Ontario [...]
- Cheap Compost Tumbler - I picked up a Cheap Compost Tumbler at No Frills yesterday for $49 only. This was a huge deal.
There was only 12 of them so I would quick run down to No Frills and pick one but before they are all sold out. Regular price is marked as $129.
I googled [...]
- East Elgin Community Complex - Another fun way to burn calories — East Elgin Community Complex public skate.
There is a public skate at East Elgin Community Complex every Wednesday from 1pm to 3pm. The cost is $3 per person or $6 per family. If you don’t have your own skates they have skate [...]
- Shop At These Three Stores! - Typically I just jump in the car and head off to Canadian Tire or Home Hardware when I need some thing. It’s nice to take a break and get out and I don’t mind driving from store to store looking for what I need. Plus it is a good change [...]
- Apple Orange Lemon Lime Pear - This image is all over the internet as a PNG file and is 654KB in size. I loaded it up into Jasc Paint Shop Pro v9.0 and saved it has a JPG, and in the options I set it at compression factor of 1 (lowest compression and best quality). [...]
- Seed Bombs - Seedbomb is a non-military bomb that protects earth from worsening desertification and lessens sandstorms. After the 2nd World War, Gale Halvorson, an American pilot, dropped candies in the name of hope for children in Berlin.
The seedbomb is the bomb of hope like the candies of Gale Halvorson. When a Seedbomb [...]
- Modesty Shield from Worldly Birds - I took the following 3 pictures and made an automated GIF out of them over at Picasion where you can create GIF animations online.
–SEE ANIMATED GIF
- Cow Branding at Grassy Plains - Over the long weekend I went up to Burns Lake area to visit the Danskin and Deeker congregations of the Eastern Mennonite Church. While I was there, I took in the branding of 39 yearlings. Here are the pictures and sounds of that Saturday morning.
[Audio clip: view full [...]
- Bob Builds Barns - Here are pictures of the two mini-barns I built last week. I am currently building an 8′x12′ unit.
I changed the pictures on this post, so I bumped it to the top.
- Step-by-Step Mini-Barn Build - I may do another series of pictures with more pictures and with detailed explanations of each step. For now, this will give you the idea.
Lay out floor joists:
Nail them together:
Flooring is 3/4″ plywood and 3.5″ nails:
Lay out the first side wall:
Put sheathing on the first side wall:
Lay out the second [...]
- Vancouver Classified Ads - Here is a few places online in the Vancouver area to purchase good used items.
The Vancouver Sun
Craig’s List Vancouver
Craig’s List Fraser Valley
Buy Sell Community Vancouver
Buy Sell BC
- Levi Daniel Mutch - It just seems like yesterday. Levi would be 11 years old now. Susan and I lost him in a home birth. I am at complete peace in knowing he is “Safe With Our Saviour”. Death where is thy sting? Grave where is thy victory?
- Family Pictures - My sister Tonya sent me some of the pictures she took from my Saturday visit to Victoria, BC.
From left to right it is Tonya my sister and her partner Jeff, me, Kristian and her husband Len, and their two children Lara and Dylon. Duke is chewing on the bone and [...]
- Where I Am Staying in Chillawack - I am staying with Russell and Julie Stephanson and their 5 beautiful children here in Chilliwack, BC.
Here is the farm house from the front:
My suite is above the garage:
They are renting a farm house on Prairie Central in the outskirts of Chilliwack. The house has an addition suite that I [...]
- 03-24-09 Exercise & Food - My weigh pre-workout was 167.0 and post-workout weight was 165.8 which is a new record for me and a long time coming.
I am now 8 days behind on my 10lbs a month weight loss goal. I will try to pick up the lost time some where [...]
- Squirrel in the Bag - As you have probably noticed, I have been kind of eating pretty good with all the steaks and so on. Well, that is because I am doing so good with my weight loss that I have treating myself well.
So when my squirrel friend dropped by the other day [...]
- 02-04-09 Food Menu - My weight will fluctuate up and down some what so I am not discouraged by weighing in at 180.6 this morning. My weight is heading downward without a doubt.
One thing I have noticed in becoming consistent in one area of your life it effects your consistency in others. Consistency [...]
- Dog Repellent in Canada - I am ordering a dog repellent online on ebay from the SaveBigCanada ebay store.
The product I ordered was the Dog Repellent. You can order this product from their ebay store or call Domenic at 514-482-9185 or email him at email@example.com.
I got the product for $25 CDN with shipping included, [...]
- 01-24-09 - I just go back from a 20km bike ride and I weighed in at 180.8 pounds which is a new low for me.
I still plan on getting a new scale as the scales told me first things this morning I was 183.8 pounds which has to be completely off. [...]
- Public Commitment Brings Accountability - Well, I am going going public with this. The following is tip #4 from my Weight Loss Tips post.
4. Go public, ask for prayer, blog about it, tell friends and family what your goals are so they can provide you support.
Public commitment brings accountability.
- Weight Loss Tips - 1. If you only diet you will gain your weight back when you end your diet. You need to make a lifestyle change.
2. Cut back on what you consume and expend more energy with daily exercise.
3. Find a lifestyle change program that you can follow.
- Rice And Chicken Meal - Susan and I have pretty well cut red meat out of our diet. Now we eat a lot of chicken and wild salmon instead.
I when out shopping a couple of days ago (Susan is in California for a few weeks), so before I left I put a [...]
- Toronto Lofts - Here is a sample of a loft in the old Masonic Hall in Toronto, on Youge and Bloor. The whole building has been converted to lofts. This one can be had for only $599,900.
- Nacho Soup -
Ok it is 8pm December 24, and I am making nacho soup. I got this recipe from Helen Bartsch and it is better than good — here goes!
« Prev - Next »