Practical Christian Living
- Easily Entreated - It behoves us as the children of light to walk in the light and not to be stubburn in our own ways but to be willing to yield when we are shown to be wrong, to be open to reason, and to have a willingness to yield to reason.
If we [...]
- Bible Games - We played an interesting Bible Game at the Weaver’s Saturday night. One person asks a question and the others put up their hands and the person that asked the question desides who answers it. Whoever gets the question right gets to ask the next question.
Answer the question from [...]
- Sin Loving Holiness Hating Christians? - I just got a very nasty comment today on my God Promises the Power to Overcome Sin article I wrote a couple of years ago.
The person accused me of being an “arrogant bastard child”, “holy pontification”, “Satan’s child”, “arrogance and self-righteousness”, “disgust[ing]“, “not interested in truth”, and “interested in creating… [...]
- Imageless Internet Browsing - I have mixed feeling about being on the Internet. When people tell me there is no different between the Internet and the Television I can’t really argue against that.
In my work on the Internet I run into immodesty regularly as do the brothers that work for me. While there is [...]
- New Concept On Grace - When I start my day one of the things I pray is that God will help me that this will be the best day of my life and that this year 2010 will be the best year of my spiritual life.
That doesn’t mean I am looking to prosper finnacially, or [...]
- Jesus The Light Of The World - Nothing can quench the joy in my soul placed there by Jesus. He is my prophet, my priest, my King, and yes he is God to me.
I would rather die that disobey him. I willingly do anything, go anywhere, speak at his prompting, and proclaim his message at his [...]
- Sharing With My New Muslim Friend - I spend two hours talking to my new Muslim friend today. We had a very lively discussion on the Qur’an and the Bible. Here are some of the concepts I shared with him.
God is a judge and we have broken his law and there is a punishment that all lawbreakers [...]
- In The Twinkle Of An Eye 43 Billion People Raised - So in 1/6,000,000,000th of a second God can raise 43,740,000,000 people from the dead but you don’t think he has the power to change you and keep you from sinning.
Then you need the eyes of your understanding enlightened so you know what is the exceeding greatness of his power [...]
- Agape Love - We are saved by faith (Eph 2:8) and the hope of heaven is an anchor to our soul (Heb 6:19). But love is greater than these. Agape love is the inward attitude we have toward God and our fellow man.
This agape love causes us to be longsuffering with others, [...]
- February’s Spiritual Goal - This month I am going to focus on reading the scriptures more. The plan is to read through Psalms, Proverbs, and the New Testament in this month. This will work out to 5 chapters in Psalms, 1 chapter in Proverbs, and 6 chapters in the New Testament each day.
My goal [...]
- So You Like To Play Video Games Eh? - What? Should we be sitting around, dabbling in works of darkness and giving our minds to trifles while the world speeds on to eternity?
Jesus is coming to judge the world in righteousness, and souls that have not surrendered their lives to Christ will be damned. Don’t play video games when [...]
- 2 More Tips For Christians On How To Backslide - I have been thinking about my 5 Tips For Christians On How To Backslide and I have come up with 2 more tips on how Christians can backslide.
Again I want to be clear that the title of this post is not meant to be foolish or to deal with this [...]
- 5 Tips For Christians On How To Backslide - Very few committed Christians out of nowhere just up and decide to turn their backs on Christ and backslide into the world. The title of this article is not meant to be foolish or to deal with this subject lightly but it is meant to be provoking.
People that turn away from [...]
- Elders And Deacons Are Your Homes In Order - Any elder and deacon who is not in the practice of having proper personal devotions first thing in the morning is lazy and disqualifies themselves from the ministry. Each elder and deacon MUST start their morning off with good personal devotions. Then with the flame of God burning in their [...]
- So You Want To Be More Spiritual In The New Year - The below list is are not in order of importance. Many of them are equally important.
In order for these to work you will have to be born again and living free from all willful or known sin.
“He that loveth me not keepeth not my saying” (Joh 14:24). Accord to [...]
- Are You Partial - If, however, you are fulfilling the royal law according to the Scripture, “YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF,” you are doing well. But if you show partiality, you are committing sin and are convicted by the law as transgressors. Jam 2:8-9
The Lord impressed this scripture on my heart the [...]
- Selfish Or Selfless - Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others. — Phil 2:3-4
Selfish Or Selfless:
We are called to a selfless life. One that [...]
- Exhort The Brethren - Today purpose to bless the brothers and sisters with some practical truth that God has blessed you with.
Exhort them to a deeper prayer life, a greater love for the Bible, a stronger love for the brethren, that they would be continuously looking for and be in expectation and continuously desire [...]
- Holy Questions To Meditate On - –Are you loving and glorifying God to the degree that you can?
–How is your prayer life?
–Do you love to read the Bible?
–When is the last time you weep over a lost soul?
–Do you reach out to the lost with tracts and Bibles every where you go?
–Are you looking for the [...]
- Holy Thoughts To Meditate On - –Everything in the Christians life is to be directed to conforming to Christ.
–The Christian is not to use their own wisdom but to use God’s wisdom.
–Fruit of the Spirit is not an activity.
–True joy, assurance, peace, and hope don’t come from the Christians performance but from what God has done [...]
- Seven Areas Where You Can Minister To Others - An overseer of a congregation is called to minister in the following seven areas.
–Spiritual: salvation, recovery from backslidding, dicipleship, witnessing, doctrine, growing in grace.
–Church Life: doctrine, pratical living, outreach, intercongregational relationships, conduct in meetings, ministering to children, teens, adults, and the elderly.
–Marital: courtship, general marriage councling, divorce and seperation councling, [...]
- Seven Things You Need To Consecrate - As a Christian there are seven areas in our live that we need to have fully consecrated to the Lord and to keep consecrated.
–Thoughts and Opinions
We must give each of these fully over to God and see ourselves only as stewards of them. As we go through live and deal [...]
- How I Got Victory Over Committing Willful Sins - A number of years ago in my Christian experience I backslide and fell into willful and known sins. I struggled for around three years in a cycle of willful sinning then repentance only to fall back into willful sinning again.
I wept, I cried, I tried, I struggled — only [...]
- Outline and Index of Proverbs - I have been reading a chapter in Proverbs daily now for a number of years. The Proverbs are very instructional, and I really enjoy reading them.
When I am out doing street witnessing and talking to the unconverted, Proverbs is one of books of the Bible that I suggest they read [...]
- Summer Reminder for the Brothers and Sisters - The following scriptures go both ways and apply for the men toward women, and women towards men.
Those that dress immodestly to sexually attract the opposite gender have a sinful and wicked heart.
With the summer coming, when men and women dress more immodest, the below scriptures are good to memorize and [...]