SEO & Marketing
- Google Search Algorithm Changes - Here is a quick overview of some of the announced Google search algorithm changes that have been made in January and February of this year.
In 2010 there were two major algorithm changes dealing with spammy content. Here we are only two months into 2011 and we have already had two [...]
- How To Rank In Google - 1. Analyze key phrases that prospective clients search products and services your will offer.
2. Analyze the geographic area that you want to target and take that into consideration when forming your key phrases.
3. List key phrases based on highest to lowest return on investment.
- Better Business Bureau Benefits - Membership with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) is $300/yr for 1 to 5 employees. There are a number of benefits to being a member of the BBB.
I have been a BBB member for 4 years now and over that time I have had 30,000 visitors view the BBB Reliability Report [...]
- Buying Expired Domains From Godaddy - Godaddy deals with there expired domains a bit different that most registrars. Their Grace Period lasts 42 days.
During the first 19 days of this period the owner of the domain can renew the domain for the standard renewal fee. After 19 days a fee of $80 is charged above [...]
- Domain Drop Catchers - Last week I decided to educate myself on how to pick up expired domains.
Up until this time I have had domain drop catchers coming to me with the domains they have found and I would pay from $150 to $500 per domain. For the most part the domains I [...]
- Aylmer Ontario - The following is a list of 153 Websites that I am working on getting to rank from the key phrase Aylmer Ontario. The idea is to point links at them with an anchor text of Aylmer Ontario this will cause them to rank form the phrase Aylmer Ontario.
Also this [...]
- Search Engine Ranking Tracker - The following reivew is my experience in choosing Advanced Web Rankings by Caphyon as a PC based Keyphrase Ranking Tracker software tool.
Here is a list of the features for this search engine ranking tool. My main criteria was quality reports automatically unloaded to the Internet.
- Traffic Difference In The Top 10 SERP Positions -
To the right are some very interesting numbers as to what kind of increased traffic you get on the first page of Google when you move from one position to another.
While some people are happy to be in the top 5, the numbers to the right make it is [...]
- January 2010 Traffic Stats -
In January this blog received a daily average of 730 visits and 3495 pageviews. For the month that works out 15,415 unique visitors, 27,008 visits, and 108,354 page views.
Prior to January 2010, November 2009 was my record month. Compared to that month, unique visitors increased 13%, total number of visits [...]
- Bit.ly Shortens Your URLs And Tracks Click Through - Bit.ly Shortens Your URLs And Tracks Click Through.
Sunday evening I posted 25 ECO tweets using bit.ly link shortener and received 194 click-throughs Sunday evening and Monday, and 14 new follows. I may need to do that more often.
Bit.ly Click Through:
- SEO Questions -
Q1: Why is understanding SEO important?
A: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is all about optimizing your website for high rankings in the search engines results pages (SERPs). High rankings in the SERPs bring traffic and converted traffic is sales, and sales is money.
Visit SEOCompany.ca for Introduction SEO Consulting.
Q2: What is SEO?
- SEO For Newbies - After the Webinar I will be adding to this post and answering all questions you post in the comments. I have started answering questions at SEO Questions.
1. SEO For Newbie’s
How To Get FREE Organic Traffic
2. What Google Wants To See
The 4 Main Things
Lots of Content
3. Site [...]
- Examples Of Comment Spam - Below is a couple of examples of comment spam.
I was going to write a similar blog concerning this topic, you beat me to it. You did a nice job! Thanks and I well add your RSS to our blogs. Thanks so much, Jon B.
The way you have described [...]
- Acer Aspire 3003 WLCi Battery Canada - When I am looking for a product to purchase through the internet typically I will search using Google and look at the Sponsored Links.
Sponsored Links are in the far right column in Google and sometimes, depending on how competitive the product you are searching for, they will be [...]
- WordTwit Plugin - WordTwit by Brave New Code is a plugin for Wordpress blogs that Tweets all you blog posts. Brave New Code does WordPress Design and Consulting and Theme Development. Check out their Design and Development Website Portfolio.
Using WordTwit saves you from Tweeting each blog post. If you are not already [...]
- Twitter Counter Stats - Well it probably looks from my posts that I have Twitter on my mind.
I have been Tweeting more than usually and at the same time I picked up a few more followers. I when from 144 to 178 followers this week.
Part of that is because I am now [...]
- How to Get Re-Tweeted - Lately I have been spending more time on the micro-blogging social media site Twitter. I follow about 50 of some of the top Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Consultants on twitter. This helps keeps me up on the latest news in my field of work as a SEO/SEM Consultant.
I was [...]
- Twitter Words - Twitter — A social media network where people micro blog. Also refers to a message send on Twitter. “Twitter has become very popular in the last few months.”
Twitterer — Some one that uses Twitter. A user of Twitter. Also referred to as a Tweeter. “How do you delete a Twitterer [...]
- Try Twitter Micro Blogging Before You Start A Blog - By the beginning of 2007 there were 120,000 new blogs being created every day. Technorati reported in their 2008 state of the blogosphere that out of 133 million blogs they track only 7.4 million have updated their blog in the last 3 months.
That is more than 94% of blogs [...]
- Top SEO Twitterers To Follow - The following list is some of the top names in Search Engine Marketing. There is a link to their blog and to their twitter.
Matt Cutts — mattcutts
SEO Moz Rand Fishkin — randfish
SEOBook Aaron Wall — aaronwall
Jim Boykin — jimboykin
DaveN David Naylor — Davenaylor
*http://www.johnchow.com/ John Chow — JohnChow
*http://www.shoemoney.com/ Shoemoney Jeremy Schoemaker [...]
- Twitter: To Follow Or Not To Follow - For those that don’t know Twitter is like mini blogging. Each tweet (a twitter post) is 140 characters long. The messages posted by the people you follow are all posted on your twitter page which is http://www.twitter.com/username .
In the last month there have been are a number of people that [...]
- Improve Website Traffic - Question: If you were working on ICIS, what would be the first five things you would do to improve the search engine optimization and conversions from those visitors?
Answer: Here is a quick free 30 minute review of a Website I did for Avanta Serviced Offices in London, UK. This was [...]
- What’s That Website Running -
If your wondering what kind of an Operating System (OS) and what kind of Webserver software is running on a Website Netcraft has a nice utility to help you find that out.
The utility is Whats That Website Running. It also gives you the history of what hosting company [...]
- Reasons You Should Have A Blog - This article gives six good reasons you should have a blog on your website from a SEO point of view.
Before we go to these reasons lets go over what gives a website higher rankings in the search engines.
a) lots of content — lots of human developed content of good quality [...]
- Which Is More SEO Friendly CSS or Tables - There are some SEO Firms that tell website owners that converting their website from Tables to CSS HTML markup will help the site rank better. Matt Cutts dispels this myth.
While there are many reasons not to use Tables for Layout, using tables versus CSS in your HTML doesn’t effect your [...]