- Fruits Of Righteousness - For Monday morning devotions Victory and I looked the Fruits Of Righteousness in 2Pet 1:5-7 in 17 different translations and looked up the dictionary meaning of the English words the translations used.
If we are not increasing in the fruits of righteousness we are “blind, and cannot see afar off, and [...]
- Bible Study Tools - Note: I bump this post to the top whenever I add a link. New resources are in bold.
e-Sword Bible Windows software that has 25 free versions of the Bible, 7 Greek texts, 3 Hebrew texts, the Latin Vulgate, and 45 foreign language translations. There are a number of the [...]
- Names of Jesus - The Bible calls Jesus by many different names. These names give a fuller picture of who Jesus is and what he does.
If you are born-again and living free from all known and willful sin, Jesus, and all that the following names indicate, is your master.
Advocate — 1Jn 2:1
Almighty — Rev [...]
- Names of the Devil - The Bible calls the devil by many different names. These names give a fuller picture of who the devil is and what he does.
If you are not born-again and living free from all known and willful sin, the devil, and all that the following names indicate, is your master.
Abaddon — [...]
- You Have Not Because You Ask Not - Have you ever considered why you don’t have grace in different areas in your life? Could it be that “you have not because you ask not” (Jam 4:2)?
Did you humble yourself before others and confess your need? Perhaps you asked without faith and in doubt? Did you give up [...]
- Scriptures on Forgiveness - I did a study this morning and made a list of scriptures that will provide me with spiritual principles in forgiving others.
Not all the scriptures refer directly to forgiveness, but they have principles that do.
All the scriptures are given in the NASB translation.
Mat 5:9-12 Blessed are the peacemakers, for they [...]
- God Promises the Power to Overcome Sin - I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe.
– Eph [...]
- Spirit of Discipline and Self-Control - I have been used to reading the KJV Bible, and for this verse in 2 Timothy 1:7 the KJV translation says, “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”
So when I read it in the NASB a [...]
- Audio Pronunciation of Biblical Words - Netministries.org has an online list of people and places of the Bible with their audio pronunciation.
This can be very helpful if you need to read a passage publicly and want to check and make sure you are pronouncing it correctly.
- Keep Yourself Free from Sin -
I have been reading through the New Testament in the NASB translation of the Bible and really like the way the NASB translates 1Tim 5:22.
The KJV translates it “Lay hands suddenly on no man, neither be partaker of other men’s sins: keep thyself pure” while the NASB translates it “Do [...]
- Love for the Brethren - It is very easy to love those that love you and never do you wrong. It’s like it almost comes naturally. But what about those that disagree with you, or those who have personality traits that need refining?
Or what about those that wrong you or try to influence [...]
- God Loves You - Thank God that He is on the side of every human that is born into this world. God enlightens our minds of our spiritual need, draws us to Jesus, and provided an atonement that we could be pardoned from the penalty of sin.
I want to say “Praise God!” that [...]
- Our Love for God - Love is always proven by actions. No rational-thinking person would ever believe a husband who says that he loves his wife after running off for a weekend of immorality at the bar.
Likewise, those who run with the devil and commit sin, no more love God than this poor unchaste [...]
- Love for Your Neighbor and Enemy - It is easy to love those that love you, but it takes real Bible salvation to love those that hate you, that speak evil of you, and that slander your Christian name.
To love the unlovely and those that respond negatively to your deeds of kindness is one of the highest [...]
- Atonement Scriptures - For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. — 1Cor 2:2
Gen 22:8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.
Exo 12:13 And the blood shall be to you [...]
- Christian Mercy & Judgment - There is an interesting concept that I am getting a hold of in a deeper way. When we have mercy on others, we are having mercy on ourselves.
Here are a few scriptures to meditate on about mercy:
Pro 3:3 Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; [...]
- The 7 Churches of Revelation - When we look the letters that John wrote to the messengers of the 7 churches of Asia Minor, we see that many of the churches were not in good shape, but they still had lampstands.
When a congregation has a lampstand, then they are a congregation of God and Jesus is [...]
- Word Study On All Things - I have been blessed lately by a number of scriptures on “all things” and wanted to share this short word study with you.
1. When we are saved all things become new.
2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, [...]
- Word Study On Faith - 1. Everyone is given a measure of faith.
Rom 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the [...]