So your iPhone battery lasts half a day and you jump to the conclusion that your battery is bad and you pay $60 to get it replaced.
Well that is what I did a one of my 3GS iPhones. I even when from a 1425mAh batteries to a 1600mAh and guess what — no noticeable difference. So here is 14 things you can do before you spend $60 on a new battery.
1. Regulaly kill your apps.
double click home button, tap and hold any one of the icons in the taskbar, tap the minus symbol to kill the app.
2. Put your screen brightness down to 40%.
3. Turn off ping.
4. Turn off push notifications and push mail.
5. Set email flech to 1hr or manually.
Settings->Mail, Contacts, Calendars->Fetch New Data
6. Turn Vibrate off.
7. Turn off 3G.
8. Turn off iPod EQ.
9. Turn off Wifi.
10. Turn off bluetooth.
11. Auto Lock your phone with 1 minute.
12. Fix hacktivation which caused battery drain.
Use Subscriber Artificial Module (SAM) to de-activate hacktivation and reactivate via iTunes.
13. Get a USB car charger $3.50.
14. Get an external battery pack and keep it in your car glove box $8.
15. Carry a wall charger and USB cable with you $4.